Monday, January 01, 2007

Home Coming

I realized yesterday evening as we pulled back into the Grandview area, after leaving the conference completely exhausted, that it felt like "coming home" from being away on a long trip. I know we were really only 20 minutes away from "home", but the whole thing was like being in another world. I for one, am glad to be "home". Don't get me wrong, it was my delight to serve... to see the excitement on the faces of the young people rushing here and there, to witness 15,000 worshippers filling a room with their prayers, watching small groups mingling in deep conversation or ministering to each other in prayer, and soaking in the joy and laughter of those whose spent four days delighting in the Lord.
But today I am home. I'm headed to the Prayer Room with the kids shortly, because my heart longs to be there. It feels good to me to have that longing to be "back in the living room with the family".