Sunday, October 19, 2008

Adoption Update

All of our paperwork has been turned in to our social worker who will hopefully write up our Home Study quickly! YIPPEE!!!!

I now have to correct a bunch of our forms for our Dossier that I found out would be rejected if I don't make a few edits. At least I found out before submitting them (thanks Derek and Renee!).

As soon as I have our home study in hand, we get can apply for our I600A.

At that point our Dossier will be ready to submit to our facilitator for translation, I think!

There are always unexpected hang ups with adoption. The one I have to hurdle this week, is getting our Pennsylvania marriage licenses apostilled IN PENNSYLVANIA and quickly! Apparently it's not enough to have them certified in your state of marriage, the apostille has to be done there too. Pray I can figure this one out and get it done speedily- horray for FedEx!

In the mean time we pray for our son and believe for God's protection and mercy to surround him. Please continue to pray for an additional $20,000 to come in for our remaining adoption expenses! I woke up today in a panic over that today, and had to talk to the Father who knows and cares and has no limitation on the resources available to Him to provide for those He loves.