Monday, October 13, 2008

Mercy for Aiden

We were singing yesterday about the mercy of the Lord, and instantly I began to pray/sing the words over Aiden's life. I felt the incredible peace wash over me, as I realized that my human, maternal longings are nothing compared to the unsurpassing love and mercy that the Father has for Aiden.

This morning I look to the Word of God for strength to believe that the Father is watching over my son and will protect him and keep him safe.

Psalm 31:16 "Make thy face to shine upon thy servant: save [Aiden] for thy mercies' sake."

Psalm 40: 11 "Withhold not thou thy tender mercies from [Aiden], O LORD: let thy lovingkindness and thy truth continually preserve [him]."

Psalm 40:17 "But [Aiden] is poor and needy; yet the Lord thinketh upon [him]: thou art [Aiden's] help and [his] deliverer; make no tarrying, O my God.

Psalm 69:16,17 " Hear me, O LORD; for thy lovingkindness is good: turn unto [Aiden] according to the multitude of thy tender mercies. And hide not thy face from [Aiden]; for [he is] in trouble: hear [him] speedily."

Would you join me in praying for the mercy of the Lord to overshadow our son today?