Saturday, February 17, 2007

I LOVE BEING WARM

I now officially love my woodstove! John went out of town for ministry this weekend, and our furnace didn't seem to be cutting it. Basically folks my house was FREEZING! So I scraped up all the extra fire wood in the garage and started a fire! YIPPEEE!!!

I liked being warm so much that I went and bought fire wood. The nice guy around the corner from where we live sells wood and kindly loaded the back end of my van with wood. He only spoke Spanish, but even after many years of Spanish in high school and college I was clueless, and resorted to hand signals to tell him what I wanted!

I LOVE BEING WARM! The woodstove heated the house all night and I still had a few embers in the stove this morning to help get a fresh fire going! And the house was 70 degrees at 7AM!

The furnace repair guy just left and the furnace seems to be fine, the house is just big, and I need to adjust some of the registers to get more even flow of heat, but for now I'm really happy with my wood heat and the fact that it's cheap!

Come on over, we can toast marshmallows!