Monday, July 07, 2008

Happy Anniversary John



Today we celebrate 18 years together. I'm so blessed to have been given the privilege of walking through life with this incredible man. His love and tenderness have been a true example to me of the Father's love for me. He is an incredible father to our four children- they are so blessed. He keeps us laughing and helps me not to take myself too seriously. He is my best friend. I love you John.

Last night the boys plopped themselves on our bed to give us foot rubs, and we started reminiscing about our wedding day. Here are a few fun (or frightening) facts:

1. My dress had puffy sleeves with bows on them. I'm sorry, I really am.

2. The bridesmaid dresses also had puffy sleeves and were a light shade of teal.

3. John's brother Derek wrote "Help Me" on the bottoms of John's shoes so that it could be read by all when we knelt for communion.

4. We did not have dancing at our reception, however there was music and a Kazoo was played at one point. I hid in a corner pretending it was not happening. (Our kids were appalled, not as much about the Kazoo, but that we didn't dance together.)

5. John was almost 21 and I was 22 when we got married. We had met 7 months before and got engaged 2 1/2 months after we met.

6. On our 2nd wedding anniversary, I spent the entire day in labor with Nick. I was in labor for 26 hours. He was not born til the following day. Last night he apologized. I feel much better!


I'd scan a wedding picture if I knew how. Sorry, I know you're all desperately disappointed!

OH and HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO RANDY AND KELSEY!!! WE LOVE YOU GUYS!