Monday, February 12, 2007

Chick-fil-a Revisited

I know you were all waiting right!!!!
My friend and "Chick-fil-a Lovin' Friend", the one-and-only Kelsey took me back to Chick-fil-a today for lunch with all our kiddos.
With some effort we managed to park in the cold Kansas CIty rain and get all 7 of our children seated, and then got in line to place our order. I was scoping out the menu and instructing Kelsey to order first so I could learn from her, when Nick came up, peering over my shoulder at the menu and says, "They have alot of chicken."
Now perhaps you had to be there, but that was super funny, or so thought the gentleman behind us in line who was trying hard not to laugh! Then Nick proceded to read the menu with his witty 14 year old humor, "Hmmmm, chicken nuggets (pause for affect) chicken fingers, chicken sandwiches (pause for affect), chicken salad, yup, that's alot of chicken...."
Maybe I was tired, maybe you had to be there, but he had me laughing!

The results of the revisitation were thus:
1. The nuggets and fries we had in December or early January were just bad, overcooked and dry, a fluke, because the only gripe I have with today's nuggets and fries is that I didn't order enough.
2. There is a great benefit to staying away from anything that comes wrapped in paper (let faithful readers understand).
3. When a very delightfully cute, curly headed blonde boy of 11 hits the playland with his friends, little girls unknown to him, will flock to him and chase him through the maze!
4. I still managed to get sauce on my shirt. I'm just a sloppy eater I guess!