Friday, February 16, 2007

Do you remember?

Do you remember what it felt like when you were little and had someone take care of you when you were sick? Well today I was reminded of that feeling. Reminded of what my mom's cool hands felt like on my hot forehead, reminded of how good ginger-ale on ice is when nothing else seems right, reminded of how nice it is to have extra blankies, and then "only a sheet please" when that fever breaks. I was reminded in the eyes of my children.

I have three sick children today, not just one, but all three at once, almost at the exact same time. About 10 minutes into our prayer room time this morning, I looked over to realize that all of my children appeared very pale and droopy. By the time I got them home, 2 hours later, they all, without a word, made their way into their beds. Isabelle moved all of her blankies to the couch in the boys room.

I spent the next hour making sure everyone had everything they needed and running to the store for movies, vitamin C, and gingerale.

Their faces told me all evening that they were glad I was their mother, and that they needed me.