Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Destiny

Dave Sliker's recent post on the destiny of his children has provoked me to share some of my thoughts of late on my own children's destinies.
I have been thinking lately of the solemn responsibility that John and I have of shepherding our children into their destinies. It provokes me to lean hard and to pray often for much wisdom in my life. Every day we are responsible to nurture the destinies of four amazing children. Oh, Father give me wisdom and great revelation!

John reminded me last night as I was pacing with a fussy baby and speaking rest over her, that caring for her was an act of worship. Mom's out there, do you get that? Every time you care for "the least of these" you are doing it to HIM. The King of all Kings is captivated by your tenderness and your sacrifice as you nurture those He has entrusted to you. Judson Cornwall shared with a frustrated mother, that even though she was no longer able to serve the way she had served and do the things she had always done before, that her act of caring for her children was an "act of worship". I have held that in my heart for years as a reminder during the times when I could not even get a shower because someone small needed me.

Yesterday in the Prayer Room, a dear woman of God walked up to me as I was holding Elia, laid her hand on Elia's head and said, "She's been rescued. She just got her destiny back!" I look into this little ones eyes, and I see greatness. I see someone truly remarkable. I see one that God reached down and rescued. It blows my mind, and sobers me with the seriousness of the responsibility before me.

So today, I am unshowered at 11:15AM. I smell like baby puke. I am tired. But I tell you this I am blessed to be holding a young woman of great destiny in my arms and I would not want to be anywhere else.