Saturday, February 23, 2008

I'm Up at 1:43AM and Waiting for My Next Dose of Cough Medicine to Kick In

I can't lay my head back down until it does or I might just break a rib from coughing.

But here's what's on my heart. Tomorrow about 50 people, maybe more, are going to gather together to hear about adoption at the seminar we're hosting here in Kansas City. Last night, I had the honor of eating dinner with Amy and Malcolm Young and Randy and Kelsey Bohlender. Both of our families have adopted through Christian Adoption Consultants, but had never met Amy and Malcolm face to face.

Some evenings are nice, some are even great, but last night was one of those mile post events in my life. I am quite certain that one day we will look back and say "Remember that night." All I know is God put His finger on my heart and said "Yes, this is where I want you."

In the past few years Amy and Malcolm have been instrumental in helping over 100 adoptions. That's 100 babies that have been given LIFE in Christian homes across America. I am believing for God to pour out His blessings on them as they continue to serve Him with all of their hearts. They are indeed a gift to my life. I am blown away that God has done His enormous "dot to dot" and connected us together as part of His plan. I'm believing for Him to continue to connect the dots as He knits families, ministries, and financiers together for the sake of LIFE.

Tomorrow as these couples come to hear about adoption, I am believing that many will have their hearts stirred and encouraged as they consider embarking on the amazing journey called "ADOPTION". I have lots more to share on this, but will wait for a late time as that lovely nighttime cold medicine has begun to kick in.