Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Fasting day 3: Praying Like Daniel

It is my honor to be the mother of four amazing children....three of whom are old enough, with our guidance, but out of hearts motivated to obey and receive more from the Lord, to have entered into this fast in a very mature way! I am stunned (I think that's an IHOP word I picked up) by their commitment and their obedience.

Tonight we read Daniel 9 and talked about standing in the gap and repenting on behalf of a nation for its sin. We talked about breaking off generational sins in our family, also a form of "standing in the gap." They listed the sins that they see in our nation and our family and then prayed amazing prayers of repentance. I for one wept. I'm pretty sure God was moved. Already I see a change in the hearts of my children and an increased measure of the Holy Spirit on their prayers and in their hunger for the Word.

One thing we talked about tonight was that even while Daniel was still praying the angel Gabriel came to give an answer to his prayer. We were excited to think what activity there is among the angels even now as thousands of believers are praying prayers much like Daniel's for these 40 days!

I encourage you to pray Daniel 9:4-19 over our Nation and over your family in this season. Surely the Lord can pour out His Spirit upon us once again and turn our hearts toward Him.