Monday, November 12, 2007

Enough is Enough

Ok, we're sick again. I'm not liking this one bit. I went to baby shower #1 Friday night, only to come home feeling like I had been hit by a truck.... sore throat, cough, head pounding.

I get up Saturday teach my session w/ a box of tissues on the podium, and cough drops in my pocket. It really went well considering.

I race around and help with baby shower #2 for my sis-in-law, leave Isabelle to spend the night with her cousins and return home to CRASH!

I get a call a few hours later that Isabelle is throwing up. I race over get her, bring my poor sick dear home to the couch. Meanwhile my cough is feeling like someone is sticking knives in my chest.

I spend the night coughing, and holding back Isabelle's hair while she vomits all night.(For real, she's this tiny little thing and I wasn't sure after like the 12th trip to the bathroom that her body could take it any more.)

Sunday plans come crashing down: I find someone to cover my service, RSVP that I cannot attend shower #3, and hit the couch with Isabelle. Daddy gets home from his 8-10AM set in the prayer room and takes over. He saves the day by feeding Elia, changing her (she decides this is a good day to fill her diaper every hour!), runs to Walmart for the essentials, and runs some laundry!

This is not a rant, or a complaint, this is just real life! I will however be very grateful for an illness-free week in this house!

On a funny note, Elia has begun to mimic. Her mimic of the weekend, was to fake cough every time I had a coughing fit.... It was hysterical, and she was quite proud of herself!