Monday, November 19, 2007

My Kids Make Me Laugh and I'm Glad

My son Nick (15) came in the door the other night after playing indoor soccer w/ some FSM students and some friends of his. I was in bed reading, and he walked in all sweaty and red-faced and says the following:

"I am so meant to be an artist (pause for affect). I just got the crap beat out of me. David Brymer's brother fell backwards and smacked me in the face. I mean I thought my face was just going to be permanently smacked in, and I have rug burns on my legs."


I laughed so hard. Not at his trauma, and certainly not at his pain, but at the fact that playing soccer for a few hours served to solidify his believe that he was created to be an artist! I'm glad he's not afraid to step out of his "box" and do things that aren't really his bag, but I think it's very cool that at 15 he's becoming more and more confident in who he is and what he was created for!