Wednesday, June 25, 2008

"Oh, That's the Add on, right?".... Yes, he said that too!

Walking out of Sam's club last night, I saw a King Size Bed being loaded into someone's pickup. I said, "We should get one of those." (We finally have a bedroom large enough to house one.)

John said, "What?"
I said, "A king size bed."
He said, "Is that a king size bed?"
I said, "Yes."
He scoped out the scene in front of us and said, looking at the twin size box springs that accompanied it, "Oh are those the add ons?"

I promptly told him those were the box springs that would sit UNDER the beast of a mattress they were loading onto the truck, and he said, "Oh, I thought those attached on to make it bigger."

I laughed.... a lot. I'm glad I get to hang out with this man.
I'm pretty sure he was serious, but somedays I'm not sure. Maybe all this while he's been uttering similarly brilliant statements just to keep me happy and laughing. I don't care either way. Just being with him makes my heart glad.