Saturday, December 15, 2007

Merry Christmas To John

With all my heart I wanted to surprise my husband with a guitar for Christmas. I even knew what one he wanted, where to buy it, and the Lord blessed me by providing the money so that I could bless John in this way. But honestly folks, has anyone out there ever tried to surprise a musician? It's just not possible!

But I tried, really I did. And I failed. I knew I would have to give it to him early even if I was able to surprise him (which I did not). Why? Because HE NEEDED IT for the upcoming onething conference. Why? This particular guitar gave him a "sound" that the other 6 don't apparently... oh, and something was said about it being "effortless." Things I cannot possibly begin to understand. But when Nick asked about the guitar and why/how it was different from the others, he listened to the explanation and seemed to totally understand. MUSICIANS!!!! I have a house full of them!


He wouldn't even let me wrap it. We met the UPS truck in the middle of the road on our way out, and I had to flag them down to get the box off the truck!


This is how excited he was! Since it wasn't a surprise, this is the least he could do!


Ta Da!!!!


Rather pretty don't you think?

Now, go figure, the BRAND NEW guitar goes to the Guitar Fix it Man tomorrow, straight from England, the one and only Mr. Laurie Stead, because it needs new pick ups. Don't ask me to explain that, but trust me it will sound better! I'm sure of it.