Friday, December 07, 2007

'Tis the Season to Be Snuggly



I love this photo of Elia, Taylor and I.

My kids have all be extra snuggly lately. Is it just something in the air? They've always loved to be close and are frequently coming to me those "I need a hug moments". But lately, I've noticed and increase in Snuggly Times, and I love it.

Last night Nick just wanted to sit on the couch with his head on my chest and have his hair stroked. I love that he's 15+ and still needs me!

The other day at our evening story time, I didn't have enough arms. They all decided that we should get a king size bed so that everyone could pile on for story time. I just realized that the real problem is the increased SIZE of my children. Elia of course can fit in about anywhere, Isabelle is all legs and is getting so tall, Taylor is now nearly as tall as I am, and Nick who surpassed me long ago is getting closer to his dad's height than mine. The days when we can all snuggle up in our queen sized be are over. Now they all sprawl over the floor with sketch books and film editing projects while I read.

Though my children grow they still long for the physical connection that comes through snuggling. I think perhaps, BECAUSE they are growing, they need it even more!