Sunday, March 09, 2008

Time for an Update!

1. Just finished up the Passion for Jesus conference this weekend. We hosted about seventy-five 6-12 year olds at the children's tracks in the Children's Equipping Center. I am always blown away that God chooses to send these children here and gives us the opportunity to pour into their lives for three days. I taught Saturday morning on The Passion of the Father Over Us. I taught from John 3:16, Psalm 139: 15,16 and Ephesians 1:4-6 to explain to the children that the Father's Love for us and the Passion of Jesus over us is what has allowed us to be called His sons and daughters through the spirit of adoption. I love it when I share the story of Elia's adoption as I teach this lesson and the I can see the light in their eyes as they really begin to understand what the Father has done for them!

2. We're traveling on Friday to Pennsylvania! Yeah!!! We'll stop in Indy overnight and celebrate Elia's birthday with John's parents, his grandmother, his sister, and cousin Baeden. Then we'll travel on to PA where we'll speak at our home church, visit with family and friends, celebrate Elia's birthday one more time, and speak at a chapel service at the kids former Christian school.
We love car trips with the family!

That's about all for now. It's been a long weekend, and we're all trying to rest up this evening.