Monday, March 31, 2008

Update on My Dad

Thank you to those of you who prayed for my dad today.

He came through the surgery very well, and was in his room the last time I talked to my mom.
They did not have to remove a vertebrae as expected, but the damage was quite extensive.
The surgeon commented to my mom, "He must be quite stoic."
That's my dad!

My sister and I were talking and I told her, "They haven't seen anything yet!"
This man will knock their socks off. He has never been overnight in a hospital his entire life, and at nearly 65, he is one of the most healthy people I know! Not to mention, he is determined and strong and has an incredibly positive outlook on life. Basically He trusts the Lord fully, and lives his life accordingly.

This is a guy who will do every exercise and form of rehabilitation that is required of him, plus some, and will do it all without complaint. I promise you he will have the nursing staff shaking their heads! He completely expects that he will be the exception to the rule as far as what is typical of recovery from this type of surgery. And I can promise you, he will be!

Anyway, please keep praying for dad this week as he recovers. They expect him to go home Friday or Saturday, and tomorrow they get him up and walking and begin his rehab.