Sunday, February 24, 2008

Remember that Weekend?

It was 2/19/06. I was home schooling my kids and had an email pop up that took my breath away. The title of the email was just one word "Match". Because the email was from Amy Young, our adoption consultant, I clicked it open before I could even breath.

We had been matched with a birth mom.

It's hard to believe it's been a year since that wild day. And this weekend we celebrated by hosting an adoption seminar here in Kansas City, where Amy and Malcolm Young did a fantastic job of educating about 50 people on the adoption process. Randy and Kelsey shared their adoption story, along with John and I. I am blown away by what God is doing and how He is opening hearts, homes, and finances for the purpose of adoption.

I am currently working with 5 amazing couples as they pursue adoption. We're getting closer and closer to the day that each of them will get that email or phone call saying "You've been matched."

They are matches for the kingdom. I'd say "matches made in heaven", but you'd all roll your eyes at that corny little phrase so I won't say that! But for real, I believe that they will all be divine matches, spoken with one Word and ordained before time began.

So 2/22 was the day we joined Randy and Kelsey and met Malcolm and Amy Young for the first time face to face after knowing them for over a year. I am nearly certain that we will all look back and say, "2/22, remember that day! Wow, look at all God has done since that divine appointment." 2/22 was another day for a great MATCH!