Monday, February 11, 2008

Weekend Recap

Sometimes I do things that are somewhat insane just because the creative urge in me just can't be held back. This weekend was one of them. John was out of town, and I decided to tackle a painting project, the boy's bedroom. Their room is an "attic space" bedroom, meaning the ceiling has three surfaces, one flat and two side slanted surfaces. I won't explain what I did, but I'll tell you this I decided four colors were necessary and I went to town. I started Friday night with the ceiling, Saturday I painted two other ceiling sections and the one of the side walls, and Sunday afternoon I did the trim and the remaining three walls.

In the midst of it Isabelle started running a fever (Sunday), and announced to everyone that if we had any idea what she felt like we would all cry!

Other things to note:
1. This is the first time I have done a painting project with a baby and no husband home. I don't recommend this. At one point, I finished changing Elia and picked her up to set her down to play and she had my "brown" hand prints on her arms. Nice!

2. Painting for three days leaves one feeling rather crummy. I ache from head to toe.


Other things I did this weekend:
1. Friday early evening- coffee date with an awesome friend. Great conversation and good for my heart.
2. Saturday evening- Adoption fundraiser for the Coopers! Great turn out and a really fun time. Nick was my date!
3. Sunday morning- CEC morning service, I started teaching a series on the Sermon on the Mount. I'm writing as I go and very excited about it.

Remodel pics coming soon. I have some more trim to finish. I hate trim.