Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Valentines Day with the Loux Family

I love Valentine's Day. I think the reason I love it so much is that my mom made it so special when we were kids. I remember Valentine's Day being more of a "family event" than a "mom and dad" event. I know my parents always celebrated their love for each other, but mom always made Valentine's Day a day to celebrate their love for us too!

I remember things like the table decorations (my mom is so good at making a table look really special), love notes in our lunches, and heart shaped pancakes for breakfast!

I get excited about Valentines Day now when I try to plan a fun dinner for the kids or think of special ways to tell them how much I love them.

We'll have our family Love Fest on Thursday night and then John and I will go out and celebrate Friday night.