Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Foolish Things

He uses the foolish things of the world to confound the wise... and the weak things of the world to confound the mighty. I cling to that promise every day!

After our 2nd prayer meeting with the kids today, I stood there thinking of how "rough and ugly" our little meeting may look to some. And the Lord kindly reminded me once again that it was incredibly beautiful to Him. I think He looked down nudging the angels, and said, "Look they showed up again, they're really going to do this!" and then I think He gathered up our weak little prayers and piled them in the bowls along with the prayers of all the saints before us.

Little prayers like:
"God save babies and make the mother's keep them"
"God help President Bush to be wise"
"God do miracles"
"God make the sick get out of wheelchairs"

...those little prayers confounding the wisdom of men.


Strength in weakness.