Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Today the Earth Shook

Did I feel it? No not really, but did I see it? You bet I did!

Today in a little building where the Children's Equipping Center holds its services for the 6-12 year olds, something was born, and I know that it shook th earth.

Today was the first day of the Malachi 4:6 Prayer Meetings. Every Tuesday we will be gathering from 10AM-12PM to interceded for our nation, the schools in our city, orphanages, for signs and wonders to be poured out in our lives, and for our families. Today I wept as I saw moms and dads in able to come into a prayer meeting with little ones of all ages and be able to engage in prayer with their children without the fears of being a disturbance, having to keep children quiet, or babies from chattering. I a mother gather her little ones like a flock around them and gently shepherd them into a spirit of prayer.

Indeed He has "ordained praise" in children and infants to "silence the foe and the avenger". I know with all that I am that the Lord looked down in pleasure today on our rough and tumble little prayer meeting. I'm nearly certain that He threw back His head and laughed with delight. And I know the earth shook as sincere hearts declared the praises of God and offered up prayer before the throne.

My hope is that Malachi 4:6 Prayer Meetings will spring up across the earth, in schools, in churches, and in living rooms, where moms and dads gather their flock, invite other families, and join together in the Spirit of Prayer.

LET YOUR KINGDOM COME TODAY, FATHER!