Monday, April 28, 2008

Heard at the Dinner Table

Last night we cooked on the grill and ate outside. For some reason that makes everyone happy!
John had the mower tuned up and purchased a second used mower so that both boys could run a mower this year and get the lawn done more quickly.

Taylor has added some inches to his height since last summer and is now ready to get behind a mower this year! He did a great job, and with his analytical personality, mowing in nice straight rows appeared to give him great pleasure.

At dinner, I commented on how nice the lawn looked and asked Taylor how the new mower worked for him.

He commented that it was just fine and then said, "I named her Dorothy." (I chuckled, thinking how cute it was that he named his mower) He then casually said, "She's a smoker."

I laughed so hard that I cried. Then I replayed it in my head about 5 minutes later and laughed hard all over again. This may only be hysterical to me because I know my son and because of the tone of his voice and the perfection of the comic pause between the two statements, or it make make you laugh as well.

No offense to any non-smoking Dorothy's out there.