Thursday, January 24, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY DARLING ISABELLE

My girl turned 10 today!


We had a fun dinner out at the Crayola Cafe in downtown Kansas City.


We took along two very fun cousins, Sophia and Michaela.


Three Gorgeous Girls!


A tiny beauty with her big sissy!


And the grand finale... our favorite electric guitar player gets her very own amp!!
ROCK ON ISABELLE!!!

On a very serious note, this girl is incredible. She has a tender heart for the Lord and is passionate about seeking Him and hearing His voice. She expects to hear from Him, and she does. She has devoted her heart in the place of prayer and worship. Knowing she is called to be a worshipper, she started really pursuing guitar about a year ago. The only thing that held her back was the fact that the minute John taught her a few chords she'd master them and go around begging for her next lesson! She now helps lead worship for the elementary chapel at her school.

Tonight I watched her light up with delight as she received her gift. John blind folded her, put her guitar around her neck and had her play a chord, which resounded through her brand new amplifier and totally blew her socks off!

The kids of course all went down stairs and hit the instruments! And rising from the basement I hear the sweetest thing any mother could hear, the sound of all three of my kids on their instruments singing worship to the One who created them for this!

"Let it rain, let it rain.
Open the flood gates of heaven
Let it rain.
I feel the rain of your love
I feel the wind of your spirit
And now the heartbeat of heaven
Let us hear"

I marvel at the gift God has given me in my children.

Isabelle, I love you darling girl.
I'm so proud of you, and so very very honored to be your mother.
You are a delight.