Sunday, January 06, 2008

The Waiting Room

I'm in the waiting room of St. Luke's Hospital in KC waiting the arrival of my nephew (Alex and Heather's first child- John's sister). YIPPEE! I don't like waiting rooms. I don't like waiting in general. I prefer things I can control, things I can fix... just a little bit of info on me! Jesus knows this about though, and loves me anyway; and often gives me opportunities where I am forced to wait just to exercise my ability to lean on Him and trust Him.

We can hardly wait to meet our nephew though, and we are so excited as Alex and Heather begin the adventure of parenthood!

Elia is currently bouncing with joy. I think she's thinking what fun it will be to have a little boy to boss around. I'm thinking that she'll be pretty good at bossing him around, dragging him here and there, and teaching him cool tricks.

If you're reading this tonight, please say a prayer for Heather as she is in labor.