Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Our Story: Part Four

It's been a while but if you look at my side bar you'll see posts labeled (Our Story). To catch up read those first!

It's spring 2005, we have just returned from onething Harrisburg, kind of brushing off the "you'll be moving soon" word that someone spoke to us. Two weeks later John's brother Derek (who is in the process of moving to Kansas City) calls us and says, "Hey, I've been asked to start a school of music in Kansas City at IHOP, I want you to think about coming and teaching guitar." I remember I was sitting in bed, watching John pace our bedroom floor. I could hear enough to gather something was up, and got a tiny feel for what was being said on the other end of the line. I watched John listen politely and give the common response, "Well pray about it," that really meant "Not on your life buddy, but I'll wait a few days before telling you that."

In my spirit though, something said to me, "Tracie, get ready. This is it. Don't take this lightly."

John got off the phone, shared the whole story, and also relayed one of those "God would have to write it in the sky before I move my family one more time" type comments.

Two weeks later, Isabelle relays a dream to John. She said, "Daddy, I had a dream. You picked us up from school, you came to my room to get me and said, 'Come on, Isabelle, we're moving'."
(that was enough to make us raise our eye brows- keep in mind we had said nothing of this to our children at this point)

Several other stunning conversations with out of the blue comments about moving occurred.

We decided to visit KC (John had been, I had not) in July 2006. Derek and Renee had just moved and were barely unpacked! We spent a week visiting and praying, and had the Lord speak a lot to us regarding our children's futures. We shared with our kids on the way home what we felt the Lord might be saying, and clarified that we were still praying and hadn't made any decision. Taylor says after hearing our "story" and all the things God had been saying to us said matter of factly, "Well how much more confirmation do you need?"

We came home fairly sure that this was what we were being called to. But still John was asking, "For the sake of our hearts God would you keep giving us confirmation." We receive pastoral blessing mixed with much sadness. This was important to us. We had a visitor to our Wednesday night service, who knew nothing of any of this, come up to us and give us a really incredible blessing and then closed with, "God says to tell you, don't worry about the move, don't worry about your finances, and don't worry about the house." Then she looked a John with kind of a "mother knows best" look in her eyes and said, "And you ARE moving."

This has been the shortened and condensed version of how the Loux family left their jobs, sold their home, and landed in Kansas City, Missouri at the International House of Prayer as Intercessory Missionaries who believe in the power of night and day prayer to change our nation, usher in revival, and prepare the word for the return of Jesus.

More to come!