Thursday, August 23, 2007

Art Class is Fun... especially for me!

Even for the teacher. Today I had Elementary Art at the Daniel Academy, grades 1-6, grouped in 2's (1/2, 3/4, and 5/6). All in all a super fun time for all I do believe!

But here's the coolest point about teaching... the stuff you get to learn from the kids. We were discussing PATTERN as an Element of Design in the 3/4th class today. We were giving examples of patterns and looking for them in each others clothing. I mentioned that patterns are commonly seen in curtains, bedspreads, rugs, pillows, etc (things around our house). And one delightful young 4th grader said, "Yeah and on my dad's flowered boxers! My mom got them for him for Christmas."

See, it's way more fun being a teacher than a student! I get to hear all kinds of wonderful tid bits about parents. (I won't divulge the owner of the flowered boxers, but I think that just maybe the fine lady that purchased them might read this blog.)