Wednesday, August 08, 2007

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM



Today is my mom's birthday! My mom is an amazing encouragement in my life. She has always been one to remind me of the truth of God's Word when my faith begins to waiver. She has been a constant example of steadiness in her pursuit of the Father. She has continued to seek to have greater understanding of the knowledge of God. I have seen my mom walk through valleys and mountain tops and remain faithful to her pursuit of God, and I have seen the Lord reward her with a steady flow from His streams of Living Water.

I am grateful today for a mom who let me paint on freezer paper taped to the fridge and even on the picture window at Christmas time, helped me create costumes so I could do plays on the picnic table stage, taught me to enjoy creating (or making messes) in the kitchen, went on many wildflower picking walks with me, and who came to my 2nd grade classroom to make homemade tortillas for my entire class. I'm grateful that my mom committed herself to her family and set aside her career to make our house a home! And I'm grateful for a mom who was patient with this once teenage girl during the years that I didn't always show my appreciation and love as much as I should have!


I pray for my mom today on her birthday this one thing- that her "joy may be full."