Monday, August 20, 2007

First Day of School


Today was it! The first day of school for our kids, and the first day THE DANIEL ACADEMY opened its doors. I am thinking this day is beyond momentous... in all actuality, I don't think any of us involved really knows the magnitude of what we've just stepped into.
Our kids gather three times a day for prayer and they really mean it. For real, these kids are serious about prayer. I had the honor of being with them for two of those three prayer meetings today. This morning some amazing high school students stepped up to the plate as true leaders, welcoming their younger classmates to school and showing them to their rooms, and then led in prayer, consecrating this school to the Lord. It was cool to have Bob Hartley and Lou Engle pray over the kids of course, but hearing the hearts of these young Daniel's cry out for the Lord to break in with His love, His power, and with a spirit of wisdom was by far the coolest!

The kids had lots to say tonight! Great classes, amazing teachers, and marvelous comrades! Words were flowing freely!

As for John and I, we both taught our first Daniel Academy classes today! I had 31 students in my JR HI ART class! WOW! Lots of energy and lots of fun! I peeked in on John's SR HI GUITAR elective and it was overflowing! We had a quick "meeting of the minds" and I decided to offer a SR HI ART elective at the last minute. I confiscated about 7 kids from John's massive class and hopefully it will be more manageable for him. Cool for me because I'm really excited to have a SR HI elective too!

John teaches a JR HI elective on Thursdays in addition to the two classes that he is teaching at Forerunner Music Academy (FMA). And I teach 3 elementary on Thursdays (1/2, 3/4, and 5/6)!

And lest we forget Elia Jane, she was at school today too, and was enjoyed by all the helping mom's while I was teaching! Here's a current favorite photo of mine!