Monday, August 06, 2007

I Didn't Run Away!

Really I'm still here. I've just been a little preoccupied with life! I decided to paint my living room, dining room, and kitchen. When you start one room, the others just look bad, so I had to do all three since they're connected! Then the hallway/foyer started calling out, "hey what about me?" So John and I attacked that this weekend (still needs another coat, but I ran out of paint- I think we were painting over primer!)

Today starts GBF (The Global Bridegroom Fast). I'm trying to wrap my head and my heart around it and really ask the Lord to speak to me. For those of you not familiar with GBF, as a missions base we set aside the first Mon-Wed. of each month to fast. I haven't been real good at this, but after the 40 day fast, I'm asking the Lord to change me and help me really embrace it at a heart level. Perhaps harder than fasting food, is the setting aside of unnecessary activity (meetings, planning, work etc) to really tune into what the Lord is saying. God, give me grace to lay low and listen to you these next days.

Photos of my painting to come... if they turn out. Photographing interiors is so hard!