Monday, June 04, 2007

Fasting Week 2: Day 8

This weekend unearthed more of the hidden stuff in my heart. It was not a pretty sight. I am asking the Lord for courage this week to face those things and surrender them to Him completely. It would be so much easier to "eat, drink, and be merry" and push them aside for another day; but this is the hour that the Lord has set apart for me to come out of hiding, out of the cave, and encounter Him.

I long to be comfortable in the quiet place with God, to encounter Him in the stillness without feeling so much like Adam who "hid from God among the trees of the garden." I want the Garden to be a place of encounter and intimacy with God. I want to hear the Lord calling out, "Come away with me!" I want to listen in the quiet as He speaks to me.

Oh Lord, "Dark I am but Lovely." Speak that today to me Father, show me that in spite of the "darkenss" of my heart, you find me "altogether lovely."