Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Update on Aunt Lois

Here is what I know from reports I have received in the past week or so!

Aunt Lois reports, "My doctor sent me home for a ten day break which was a joy. I was able to see my grandchildren, my black Cocker Spaniel "Max", and my sweet, little house which my daughter, Jamie, and family kept spic and span for me. That includes my yard which looks beautiful. The drive home was a little uncomfortable because of my back, but after I got settled in, it has been very comfortable here....Thanks again for your wonderful cards, e-mails, letters, scripture words of encouragement, music CDs, and your prayers which to me are such an amazing blessing." (Lois also noted that her daughter Jill is able to remain with her, caring for her until the end of July which is a huge blessing!)

My mother reported yesterday that Aunt Lois had returned to Little Rock and gone through a series of tests which indicate NO CANCER in her body at this time. They will begin now the process of putting her own stem cells/white blood cells back into her body. These had been harvested from her body prior to chemotherapy. As they return to her body the doctors tell them "Now do what you're supposed to do!" And this can be our prayer as well that the white blood cells would work as GOD designed them to do and fight off any bad cells that attempt to return to her body!

In addition we can all continue to pray for strength and life to Lois' bones. They have been weakened, but she is receiving medication to strengthen them, and in addition has received a treatment that should help with the pain and discomfort that has still been present.

We are believing God to complete this work of healing and strengthening! Thanks for joining with us!