Thursday, June 28, 2007

A Kiss from God

Today we received a huge kiss from God. Without getting into details, I will say that we had an enormous need for a miracle. Everything I tried in my human means to fix it failed. It was almost as if God wouldn't allow me to solve the problem myself. One of my solutions was dependent on the weather today. It rained. No actually it poured, for real it was the hardest rain we've had in awhile. The weather report said, "Light Showers", it lied! Even in the midst of the downpour, the report kept saying, "Light Showers!" Everything else I tried, was like running into a brick wall. God just said, "NO" to my feeble attempts over and over again.

I was praying mind you, but in between weakly uttered prayers, I went into Tracie Fix-It Mode. I finally called a few close friends/family to pray. Within minutes, a miraculous phone call announced the divine provision of God in a way far beyond anything we could have ever done on our own!

It was a few minutes later as we were praying together as a family, thanking God, and calling a few people to testify of God's LOVE, that Nick noticed, "Hey, the rain stopped." No kidding, the minute the provision came, the rain stopped!

I love God. I marvel at His ways. I'm far from being a woman of great faith, but today He kissed me and reminded me that it is safe to trust Him. Today He reminded me, that He is a good Father and that He cares about the little and the big issues of our hearts.