Monday, June 25, 2007

POINT OF INTEREST

I mentioned a Point of Interest that we stopped at en route to Colorado. I think this was Middle of Nowhere, Colorado. We were DESPERATE for a potty stop, and we couldn't even pull over and pee behind a tree or a bush, because there were NONE! Just FLAT open space going on for miles! FINALLY we saw an exit for "Business District", so the lead van pulls off. We note a sign saying "Point of Interest" and we headed in that direction.



This led to a "Museum" toting the claim "See 6 States". We pulled up to a very large "shack" with a look out tower. My one focus was using the bathroom. I walk up to the 80 year old man at the counter and ask "could I use your restroom?" He replies, "The museum is $1.00 for adults and $.50 for children." I respond, "I just need to use the restroom." He replies, "That's included in the price." I promptly paid my $3.50 so that my family could empty their bladders.

He points us to the back of the building. I head around and see this!



We use the "facilities". I have no words to further comment on the experience.

We then proceeded to tour the museum, which took us over an hour and was well worth the $3.50! Here are a few highlights!