Friday, January 05, 2007

Chick-fil-a

Ok, so we have not had much exposure to Chick-fil-a, as we are northern easterners, and they just didn't exsist where we are from. Our first exposure was on a ministry trip to Mississippi with Joy and David Maas. Anyway, tonight was our first solo experience. Now here's the deal, I emphatically stated when John got home, "You must take us out to dinner, I'm exhausted." He complies, because he is a smart man!
He suggests Chick-fil-a, as it is the current rave in KC, having just opened a few weeks ago. Two children complain, "Do they really only have CHICKEN?". Our answer, "Yes, get in the car."
Now I have had an exhausting day, we arrive and I realize that I haven't put any makeup on, and I'm wearing my slippers and sweats.
Then it take us forever to order, because well, they "only have chicken" and that really makes it tough apparently. Apparently if you're 9 and 11, it's easier to decide what to eat if there are MORE CHOICES! Go figure. So our cashier is new. Understandably as the joint itself is rather new. And we are gracious and patient, but struggle through our order, make several corrections to her misunderstanding, end up with the wrong drinks, which is sort of remedied, and finally make it to our seats. I sit down last of course, and realizing that no one has ketchup and Isabelle needs a spoon, I get up to serve.

Did I say I'm exhausted?

I come back to the table with a honking huge handful of MAYONAISE!!! Return for Ketchup!

Did I say I'm exhausted, cause here's the kicker!

I sit down to eat my chicken wrap, unwrap the foil and squirt out some Caesar dressing to dip it in, dip and eat. Take another bite, and realize that I have eaten two bites with paper wrapped around the flour tortilla. Not only did I take two bites with paper wrapping, I swallowed. Apparently that little blunder made the whole outing worth while for my husband, however.

So anyway, all in all we sort of survived Chick-fil-a. Now all you southerners don't shoot us, because it just wasn't all that great! We're not sure what the rave is? So could you enlighten us? What's your favorite meal at Chick-fil-a? Maybe we just ordered all wrong. Or maybe the newbee workers don't have it all down yet. Our food was pretty dry and yucky.

Insite anyone? Oh, and did I say I'm exhausted?