Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Out of the Lips of Children

Today was a difficult day. Well, the past few days have been difficult. They have been a test of my ability and my willingness to believe what I know to be true about God, His faithfulness, and His love for me. It has been a test of my willingness to believe that I am indeed "His favorite one". The circumstances are not as important as the lessons I am learning. And I am a slow learner.

But today it was my children who were His mouth piece of truth in my life. I'm nearly certain that today they are much deeper in their walk with God than I, or at least less hindered. First my 11 year old, Taylor comes to me and says, "Mom the Lord just told me to tell you that He's going to take care of it, everything is going to be alright." Then while driving with their stressed out mother, he says, "Mom, can I just pray about this?" Of course "Yes" is the right answer, but then I am immediately blown away by the strength and the faith behind his prayers. He is so in touch with the heart of God, and it flows out of him in his language before the throne. I weep. My daughter prays next (she's almost 9) with a prophetic fire on her prayers, and an evidence in her voice that she really believes she is being heard, and that she will be answered! I weep. It gets quiet in the van and out of the backseat my daughter begins to now sing prophetic declarations before the feet of the King of Kings. I have no doubt He was listening, and was moved to act on our behalf. Her words were something like this: "The Lord cares for those he loves, he will take care of his children. Satan you are defeated. The Lord cares for those he loves. You are a good Father, you take care of those you love." (and she continued on and on, much of what I can no longer recall)

My children inspire me. They are why we are here in Kansas City. And the fruit is beautiful. I cannot belief that I have the honor of shepherding their hearts. It is sobering.