Friday, May 23, 2008

Elia is SO HELPFUL

There are many first that parents gleefully brag about- first words, first steps, first night to sleep through the night, first tooth... you know.

Well yesterday was the FIRST to top all FIRSTS! I had just given Elia a bath, had dried her off and she took off. I had to go gather up clothes, diaper and so forth and then went to the bathroom, giving her the pleasure of airing dry for a few minutes. She loves it!

She showed up in the bathroom as I was washing my hands and with a delightful squeal presented me with a gift- a fist full of poo poo. I am not kidding folks. It took me all of three seconds to distinguish what this child was presenting me with! I squealed and grabbed her by the wrist and tried to get her to drop it in the potty. She would not release her grip! I eventually got her to drop it, and the proceeded back to the scene of the crime to clean up the remaining evidence.

She was so helpful though to get most of it cleaned up for me.