Thursday, May 22, 2008

Remembering the Chapman Family in Prayer

Most of you reading this are already aware of the tragic loss that the Chapman family has suffered. John and I read the article this morning and immediately sat down to pray for them. In situations like this, it is almost impossible not to put yourself into their loss and ask all the, "What if.." questions. What if my child... What if my son... How would I.... What would he be feeling.... How do you sleep..... How do you wake up.... Life will never be the same...

So today I pray, because none of my thought and wonderings will make a difference, but as the body of Christ prays, the Father hears. I was reminded of Romans 8:26,27 this morning:

In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express.

And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints in accordance with God's will.



So I pray in the spirit today when word seem insufficient, knowing that the Father is listening and will move heaven and earth to minister His love to this precious family.