Monday, May 12, 2008

On Being a Mother



I am a mother. And I am in love with the four most incredible children in the world. Though motherhood carries with it an endless list of sacrifice and occassional heartache. I am reminded more and more how good being a mother is for my heart. I was made for this. I'm reminded every day through the feelings in my own heart toward my children, how much the Lord loves ME! I am able to rejoice as they grow and become all that God has them to be. I am able to listen as they wade through the challenges of life and begin to ask the hard questions. I am able to reassure them of my love and of God's love when they stumble and fall. I am there just to be with them, when all they need is the softness of a mother's touch. I remind myself daily that God feels the same way about me. He loves me, He laughs with me, He cries when I cry, He is willing to listen when I ramble on, He is willing to be still when I have no words. His love never fails.



Nick- my first born. Deep thinker, artist, musician. I love his heart for the Lord. He has learned at age 15 to value time with God in the secret place. He was born talking. He processes much of life out loud... One of my greatest joys are times when we're in the car just the two of us and he just starts rambling from his heart.




Elia Jane- born in my heart. Beautiful, gentle and tenderhearted. She adores people and loves to be in the middle of everything. She has a way of making everyone feel loved. She is usually too busy to cuddle, but I treasure every hug, every kiss blown my way, and every sweet smile!


That's the smile I live for!



Isabelle- my first daughter. Musician, writer, lover of God. She is fiery in her passion for the things of God and she inspires me to go deep! She is a dreamer- God speaks to her in dreams. I love it when she gets a download from God and preaches to the family!


Taylor- blue eyed wonder! Artist, musician, story teller, teacher. His quiet devotion reminds me to be still and know that He is God. He is a student of the Word. I love just being with Taylor. He is one of those rare people that you can just BE with and know what he is feeling just by being near him. He usually wakes up first and I love just sitting with him first thing in the morning. His hair is soft and still smells like it did when he was little.


And they make me laugh!


Taylor is so funny, and most people don't get to see that side of him! He is joy for my soul!


Lord, for these that you have given me, I am so grateful! Thank you for sharing your heart with me through these precious gifts.