Monday, December 25, 2006

Christmas Tip for New Parents


I've thought about writing a book on parenting. I've even begun an outline and an introduction to the book, and have lots of brainstorming done of the idea of it. Although my book would focused on the spiritual care and nurture of children in light of the day in which we live, today I thought of something that ought not to be overlooked in giving advice to young parents.
HERE IT IS: Think Very Long and Hard before Buying or Making Christmas Stockings for your Child!!!!! Although the idea of having a stocking large enough to stuff your baby in on their first Christmas for a sweet photo may be nice, please, please, please keep in mind that you must FILL that stocking year after year with "stuff".
The beloved Christmas stockings that I made for my children are enormous! Why I didn't think that through when I made them, I'll never know. Now I've learned a few tricks on how to fill them without taking out a small loan, but none the less, I think they might have been just as sweet about half the size. I'm sure my kids would not agree, you be the judge!