Thursday, December 21, 2006

GIVING

I know for some people giving gifts is just a drudgery, something they have to do, and finding the perfect gift is a chore. I however, love giving. Perhaps it's just a personality thing, but I love finding gifts for the people I love. I love showing my appreciation for them through the words of a gift. Whether it's a funny gift that says, "I love your sense of humor, thanks for making me laugh". Or a sentimental gift that says "I know about your heart". Or just a needed gift that says, "I care about the things that you need in this life"..... I LOVE GIVING!

I was thinking this morning that if Christ is instilling His nature in us day after day, making us more like Him as we seek hard after Him, then He must really enjoy giving! Beyond the incomparible gift of His own life, daily He gives to us. Over and over again HE IS THE GIVER! Today I choose to reflect on what He has given to me this year. I'm reminded of the lyrics:"You give and take away, you give and take away, my heart will choose to say, Lord blessed be your name." Today, regardless of the giving or the taking away that this past year represents in my life, I choose to see it all as a GIFT. A gift that has drawn me closer and pulled me deeper into the embrace of my Father, and has taught me more about the nature of Christ than any other year in my life.