Wednesday, December 13, 2006

FIRST GLANCE

I was getting ready to take my kids to see friends at their old school (A Christian School with a dress code, mind you not a uniform type dress code, but it does have a few rules). ANYWAY, we're headed out the door and I take one look at my brood and sort of freaked out. TAYLOR had on a hooded sweatshirt, not allowed! One look at ISABELLE and I sent her to brush her hair. She was sporting the IHOP trend of short shirt over blue jeans, and double layered t-shirts. I wasn't sure what everyone would think of that. And then there was NICK! Resembling a sheep dog, I actually thought about whipping out my haircutting scissors before we left the house. Oh and he had on a t-shirt with graphics, not objectionable in anyway, but not allowed nontheless! So after I had a major panic attack about the long hair on my eldest son. He comments "Come on Mom, don't you think I look good?"

Then he turns, faces the mirror, and says "Oh Nick, you look so good!"