Sunday, December 24, 2006

Sleep in Heavenly Peace


Tonight we are in the prayer room. It is Christmas Eve. I look around me at those who are also here, and I can't help wonder about their stories. Why are you here anyway? Very few do I truly "know", some are total strangers, yet we are all here. There's a beautiful sense of peace here, and I am wrtiting quickly before the tears begin. "Oh, Come Let Us Adore Him".
A woman I do not know just finished praying for those who are alone tonight, the widow, the orphan, the homeless. We are indeed required to "weep with those who weep". I was reminded tonight of one little one who has been rescued from being alone tonight. Tonight she is surrounded by a family who adores her, surrounded by those who have chosen her and called her their own. The spirit of adoption has embraced her, her life redeemed. "Sleep in Heavenly Peace", my friend Zoe.