Sunday, December 24, 2006

Surprise Gift

I just received an amazing gift tonight. It didn't come in a box, or even in a fancy gift bag. It wasn't donning a bow. I can't even hold it in my hand, but it is residing sweetly in my heart.
Tonight I got to hear my husband's voice in the prayer room. Now I know that may be an odd gift, but it is priceless to me, and I am quite sure I will remember Christmas Eve. 2006 for many years, for that reason alone.
Many of you reading know my husband as an electric guitar player, and that is what he has been here at IHOP since we landed here this summer. He will in fact be teaching electric guitar at FMA this coming semester. All that said, I know my husband as a worship leader, a songwriter, and a psalmist in the house of the Lord. My favorite times with him have been the hours we have spend singing before the Lord in a tiny church in Pennsylvania. I know the songs his heart has offered up, they are the songs of our journey with God.
So tonight I am grateful that I was given the gift of his voice in the prayer room. I know God stopped to listen. I am certain that there is a spot in God's heart that only John's voice can reach.