Thursday, November 16, 2006

Coffee

I think I'll research the history of coffee. In the westerns, it was a pot of coffee around the campfire that seemed to draw a crowd and bring out good conversation. Even with a stranger, coffee seems to give a common ground, a place to start! I cannot tell you, how many new friendships here at IHOP have been forged around the proverbial "cup of coffee".

"Hey why don't go out for a cup of coffee". "Let's meet up at the coffee shop". "Wanna grab a cup of coffee with me".

What would we do without it? What would we say? How would we get the friendship ball rolling? I seriously wonder if I could even be friends with someone who didn't enjoy a good cup of coffee (or tea at the very least). Really, I mean it! What would you do for fun? Hey, "Let's go for sushi?", "bowling?", "wanna go for a jog?", "tennis anyone?"- not this girl! Sorry, give me great coffee and good chat, and you've got me hooked!

So, having just returned from a wonderful coffee date with a fabulous new friend, I am grateful to whomever decided it might be fun to grind up a coffee bean and pour hot water over it! See the thing is, it's really not the coffee, it's the slow me down time, the curl up in a fun, comfy chair and breathe time. It's finding out that if you take a moment to chat, you just might find someone absolutely amazing on the other side of the coffee cup.

So, if you haven't invited someone out for coffee lately, do it! Highly recommended! Thanks KB! You Rock!