Monday, November 06, 2006

Fall Lingers On


I love fall. And here from my living room, I see the few, lingering, gold leaves from the maple tree that blesses my front yard. I really wondered about fall here in Kansas City. Wondering if it would ever satisfy my love for Fall, born many years ago in the hills of Pennsylvania. No hills magically appeared here in Kansas City this fall, but I am very grateful for the dark red, the burnt orange, and the golden yellow that surround my home this fall. I doubt that anyone ever makes the decision to rent or buy a house, after asking, "What color do these leaves turn in the fall"? Although I have now decided that might actually be a wonderful question to ask when house hunting! Nevertheless, God saw fit to bless me with the colors that I love this fall, and to Him I am so grateful this crisp, fall morning. And I love that it is still fall in Kansas City!