Sunday, November 26, 2006

Morning

I love quiet mornings. They don't seem to happen very often, but when they do, I soak it right in.

John is out the door for worship rehearsal this morning; the FMA team is leading worship today. (by the way, check out Forerunner Music Academy at www.ihop.org). I'm excited because it's the first time they've played with the newly formed orchestra and the student choir!

The kids are all still sleeping after a late night at the Plaza seeing Christmas lights and drinking rather horrid drinks from Starbucks. Let's just put it this way... when the line at Starbucks reaches the door, I just wouldn't get in that line. What you get at the end of the long wait, is a really lukewarm, weak, somewhat tasteless beverage, and it's really downright disappointing. However, the most redeeming factor in the whole waiting in line for really bad coffee scenario is that it can be chalked up as quality time with good friends! And that is always good, even if your coffee ends up in the trash!

I also had the privilege of conducting story hour at Barnes and Noble last night. Now granted, no one asked me to conduct story hour, but when you are cheered on by six rather awesome children, and three, well, three larger children disguised in grown up bodies, what's a girl to do. So I whipped out my teacher voice and pulled up a chair for the reading of "Walter the Farting Dog". I'm not sure what the other happy shoppers at B&N's thought of us, but I'm pretty sure none of us cared! We had a grand time! And if you are intrigued by the title, be advised, there is an entire series about Walter, and yes, he does actual FART in each happy tale. Farting is kind of like his "super power".

Anyway, I'm totally off the subject of my quiet morning! I'm now in the company of one fine young man and a kitty.

Oh, and just for fun, I bought baby clothes last night for our soon coming little one! My first baby purchase! Yippee!
And I mailed out a huge stack of pink envelopes yesterday announcing our adoption plans. Pray for us, and we trust God for all the necessary finances to come in for the adoption!