Sunday, November 19, 2006

The Things My Kids Do


So, maybe it's just me, but I think I have three of the most amazing kids on the planet. They are really cool, way cooler than their dad and I. So instead of doing stereotypical kid things, they decide to break the mold and are completely unique and amazingly individual.
These are some of the ways they spend their time. And really, they choose to spend their time this way, no one forces it on them:
1. They paint and draw.
2. They play drums, guitar, and sing.
3. They write songs and stories.
4. They read.
5. They write sermons and lead Bible studies.
6. They take photos and make movies.
7. They make up plays, including scripts, and act them out.
8. They Pray, and spend about 8 hours a week in the Prayer Room
9. Two of them blog (taylorloux.blogspot.com and nickloux.blogspot.com)
10. They create comics, do claymation, and other cool artistic stuff.
11. They dance- ballet and hip-hop (exception, Nick)
12. They are good friends with others, and with each other believe it or not!
13. They like their parents... imagine that!

And occasionally they do some really off the wall stuff like:
1. Dye their hair RED, temporarily thank goodness
2. Film movies on the roof (deep sigh)
3. Use my decorative bamboo to sword fight with (come on guys, it's like $10 a bunch)
4. Play hide and seek in the DRYER and break it's door

I don't know... I think they're really great! Just thought I'd tell the world, or anyone out there who cares to listen!