Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Isabelle and Me and God

Is there really anything better to talk about? I took Isabelle on a date yesterday to get our "nails done". Now she wouldn't up and admit that she likes "girly" things, but she did indeed have a ball! She got to sit up in the big massage chair and got the royal treatment! Her grin was way worth the $12.00 treat! What is it in every little girl that longs to be treated like a princess! Even the less than "girly girls" like Isabelle. (She actually prides her self on not being one of those frilly, froofy girls! ) But she, along with the rest of us female creations, love to feel beautiful, to feel adored- to feel like a princess!

So on Friday, John and I are going to renew our wedding vows, and all I can think about is how fun it will be to play the "princess"! Now the meaning of the ceremony, of course, is super important to me. I'm actually up late tonight working on writing my vows, but for days my focus has been getting myself ready to look beautiful, to look the princess for John! Ya know, the routine, the dress, the shoes, etc....

No really, so tonight I'm asking myself, if it's the hearts desire to love and to be loved, why is it that I struggle so with getting the fact that God actually likes me, maybe even enjoys me? He created me, right? And he said it was "good", all the stuff he says, "He delights in me", "He rejoices over me with singing", "His jealousy for me is BURNING?" what is that? I'm praying that this year that I could just "get to know God"! Cause reallly I don't think I even have a clue who He really is! I am my beloveds and He is mine, his banner over me is love. God would you show me what that looks like?