Friday, November 17, 2006

EASY LISTENING- The Whole Story


So for those of you tuning in who have no idea that there was a story. Please check out the blog of our dear friend Randy Bohlender (randybohlender.blogspot.com), you will find several references to JOHN LOUX! Problem is I'm not quite as technically savy as Master Bohlender, so I have no clue how to make his little name light up so you can click on it.

Anyway, my husband blows me away with his knowledge of all things musical! We were away recently on our "second honeymoon" and of course had to visit a used CD store. After entering the Jazz/blues room, I picked up a CD that looked kinda cool, slightly unusual- a female saxaphonist, Candy Dolfer. Now you must understand I never, never ever know anything about music that he doesn't already know. And if I think that I find something, he may not have heard of, NOPE!! You guessed it, not possible! So of course, He knows of Candy Dolfer, can tell me about a hit she had in the 80's. So, basically he says to me, "Go ahead pick another one, I'm sure you can find something I haven't heard of. So I pick up another CD, and he rambles on about it, (have it on video if the Master will show me how to post it!), and basically tells me all this stuff about the album, about everyone who played on it, and then I find out he MADE IT ALL UP!! Can you believe it! Really he made the whole thing up and I believed it. So Folks, the famous "EASY LISTENING MUG SHOT" is my artistic statement about being lied to by a musical genius, when in fact I did actually manage to pull a CD he had never heard of!!!!

And for those of you just waiting for a chance to here the thoughts of JOHN LOUX, he too is now blogging johnloux.blogspot.com

THE WIFE